Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School and other stuff

I guess I need to catch up... but I can't think of anything that happened last week. That doesn't mean it didn't happen-it just means I can't remember it.

We have been busy getting K ready for her first day of school and today was the day! Last week we went to parents night and meet the teacher. I've never felt more claustrophobic in my life that going into a preschool classroom with 9 moms and their two year olds but I got over it just in time for Miss Nervous Colon to poop in her pants. Poor kid, I made her finish playing before I changed it. I have been talking to her alot about school in the last couple of days and I think this morning she might have been a little nervous. Here is the picture I tried to take before we left:

She did relax a little bit when we got to school. John and I walked her in and she took off! When I came to pick her up they made all the parents wait in the hall until everyone got there. When they let us in all the kids ran out screaming "Mommy!" I couldn't get too close to the door because I had Ky in her carrier but I waited and waited for Kaitlyn to come out. After literally five minutes, I squeezed my way through the door and saw her running around playing. I don't think she even realized there weren't any kids left! Needless to say, she must have liked it.
I'm slightly nervous about her teachers though. No one really talked to us about how the kids did. All I heard was something from the assistant teacher saying what a wild and crazy day it was and two kids peed their pants because the teachers couldn't get them to the potty...

And here's a picture of Kylie:

That is the EXACT look John gives me when I spend money.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I bet things will settle down with the teachers. I know last years, they had to have extra workers the first couple days in the 2's class. They had a bunch or criers and it was crazy. You will probably have more of a chance to ask questions.

    ReplyDelete