Saturday, August 22, 2009

Maturity

As a stay at home mom, I am always trying to come up with activities to make our day go by faster. Art projects are a big part of that. We make cards for our family, we glue things, paint whatever wooden thing I find on clearance at Michael's but if I'm really lucky, we color. Not only is that exciting because the clean up is easy but I find coloring surprisingly relaxing. Staying in the lines and creating an even color feels so rewarding. I was a kid that quit coloring long before I could stay in the lines so it almost feels like I have accomplished a life goal when I finish a picture. (yeah weird I know.) Coloring was my favorite thing to do with Kaitlyn until we bought markers. I am all about orange dogs with red ears and green tails but with markers there are only eight colors. Kaitlyn "needs" five of them which leaves me with brown, yellow and black. Am I the only adult that gets mad because my two year old won't let me have the purple? Did I really just take it from her pile resulting in a tantrum the size of the grand canyon?

Yes I did because my orange dog with red ears and a green tail needed a purple tongue.

Why does it seem that no matter how old we get we never mature more than a 14 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment