Monday, August 3, 2009

Toes

Not only do my children look nothing like me, they don't act like me either. Kaitlyn wanted to wear a pretty dress Saturday. She picked out the exact one that she wanted. Then she put on her white patent leather shoes with heels. She insisted on having her hear in pigtails and putting on lipstick (vaseline) twice!

Then there are her toenails. They must always be painted in a fresh coat of paint. She insists on picking out the color. Saturday morning, she decided that mommy need toenail paint too. And she was right so I scheduled time in my day to put on polish. I got it applied perfectly, even with a clear topcoat and here she comes, running into the bathroom and kicked a shirt on my perfectly wet toes. So I tried to salvage it and paint a little more on top of one toe. A few minutes later she moved a toy on top of my f00t. Then she thought I should wear flip-flops. Finally I stopped trying to make it good enough. I took the paint off my big toe and totally redid it and went down stairs. John walked in the door and gave me a hug.
And stepped on my foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment