Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Prayer

I wanted to tell you two stories about God's perfect timing.
You might need to read the previous post first.
First, when Kylie was in Dr. Tabb's office, he told us she would need to go to the hospital. He left the room for a minute. John and I were immediately thinking about what we were going to do and details regarding Kaitlyn. Our minds were racing. We were scared and worried about her but we were fine. We just needed to work out the details. When Dr. Tabb came back into the room he gave us some information and he said to us, "Now before you go, let's pray." Let's pray. Of course we needed to pray and I know that we would have but we hadn't yet. That little gesture brought peace and clarity to hearts and minds. I am so thankful for his gesture. Dr. Tabb's timing was perfect because as soon as we left that room, I'm sure we would have been frantically thinking of other things. John and I were both floored at the statement because that would never happen in Atlanta. Honestly, I wish that every doctor had the courage to pray with the parents for their sick child. I think that most parents, regardless of their spiritual beliefs, would appreciate the genuine concern of the doctor and the few moments of peace.

The second story is a little more unfortunate. In case you don't know, I am very close with my grandpa in Missouri. I am so thankful that the girls and I got to visit him because I miss him. We left Missouri on Monday morning and he seemed perfectly fine. Wednesday afternoon, he had a heart attack and two stints put in. He is recuperating but if this had happened a week earlier, he wouldn't have been able to enjoy our visit. I am very sad that this happened and I am worried about his health going forward but thank you Lord for giving us that visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment