Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hospital and Vacation




Okay, so it's been a month since I've updated... at first I didn't have anything to say. Then I got lazy. Then I found something to say but the internet broke. So here I am and I have something to say. Let's start at the beginning. Including the time previously recorded, Kylie had pink eye three times in three weeks. Between the second and third time she developed a not scary but not normal cough. It wasn't a big deal but after the third bout of pink eye I knew something was going on. (Actually, I knew something was going on this whole time but I couldn't find a medical professional to confirm it.) So, Saturday before our trip to Missouri, after the third bout of pink eye, I pack up and go wait at the doctor. "Bad luck." was the what was wrong with her. So we leave for Missouri on Tuesday (arrive Wednesday) the cough has gotten much more frequent but John's allergies were haywire so I thought that might be the cause. By Thursday night I called John's mom to find out what wheezing sounded like. I decided that Friday morning I would take her in. John went off fishing early in the morning and I woke up with a baby as pale as a sheet that could barely breath. Then she threw up. My step-mother Chris, called in a favor with her doctor. He looked at her for five minutes and said, "I can call you an ambulance but you can probably drive to Springfield faster." What? She stayed all night at the hospital and had a chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed light pneumonia but the official diagnosis from the hospital (don't get me started) was reactive airway. We have been out of the hospital for almost two weeks and poor baby Ky is still on breathing treatments. We went to the doctor last Saturday and found out that while she still has inflammation in her airway, she also developed another ear infection. Are we ever going to get over this??? All this from a kid who hasn't been sick in her 13 months! Its annoying but it's easy to keep a little asthma in perspective when my niece has had brain surgery twice in two months. If you read this, please say a little prayer for her development and her parents.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love my sweet baby Ky!!!! That may be the cutest picture of her in the hospital crib. She is soooo happy!! On a more serious note, Lucy and your grandfather are in my prayers. Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete