Friday, May 20, 2011

3 year old preschool

Best teachers ever!


Yesterday was the last day of preschool. I have to admit, I was pretty emotional. I hope that I always remember Ms. Lisa and Ms. Elizabeth. I know that they are doing exactly what God put them on Earth to do- teach young children. I couldn't have asked for better, more loving, more encouraging, more nurturing teachers. They were so good with Kaitlyn and I really think they helped her start to come out of her shell. She will still play by herself a good bit but I also see her really participating in activities that I wouldn't have expected her to. She sings songs, she is beginning to talk to strangers, and she is building some confidence in herself. Honestly, what I really wanted was for her to be more confident- not more outgoing. Her teacher's have also nurtured her artistic ability. She is a pretty good at drawing and really likes to paint. She can write her name very well. I guess all of those cheesy art projects are paying off! She had lots of friends this year- boys and girls- and lots of things she liked to do in school. She came home every day and told me that she played Fire Dogs with Brady and Brady wouldn't let her be the fireman. Thats okay, she really likes acting like a dog. Not amused.

I forgot that she also had her dance recital. She did great!!! She was a little confused on where to stand and she was in the wrong place but for this dance she starts out on the back right and then ends up in back second from the left. You can watch it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment