Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Handwritting


I am not a big proponent of pushing little kids to write but over the last month or so, Kaitlyn has begun to show interest. She wants to write her name on everything. And she always writes in the air to show me what something looks like. I have watched her coloring and since I know she can hold her pencil correctly and I have resolved to spend more one on one time with the girls, I have decided to start having writing lessons. We do two letters a day, capital and lower case, and she writes her name. She can't spell her name, but she'll write it with my help :) She is doing well. And she is surprisingly confident and willing. I guess my reward of TV helps!

The last four days Kylie hasn't made me quite so crazy. I don't know if she is calming down or since my house is clean, I can give her undivided attention every waking minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment