Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

I know its been a while since I've updated but December was a whirlwind. We had lots of fun plans all month long starting with Lucy's birthday party, a live nativity, a trip to Disney, Leslie's graduation, daddy's (too) long vacation, Christmas, a visit from Nana and Sir, my big 3-0, UCF beat Georgia... And finally John went back to work. We had a very blessed Christmas. I tried to make sure and talk about Jesus all month long because I knew Christmas morning would be all about the presents. We read the Christmas story in several books and the bible, went to two birthday parties for Jesus and visited a live nativity which will become a new tradition for us. Except for being late for church on Christmas Eve, I was proud of how our family watched and waited for Jesus throughout the month of December. Christmas morning was magical. The kids were so excited. Both girls got bikes and lots of other things. We couldn't keep Kylie off of her bike to open presents. When she did open them she put them in her basket. I guess it has become a new Kramer tradition to have breakfast at my house Christmas morning so all of the local Kramer's came over and after they left it began to snow. We got several inches. The first white Christmas I can remember! We definitely saw God at work. It was beautiful SNOW. No ice or sleet to make the roads dangerous but beautiful powdery snow! We did have some family drama on Christmas and I regret the entire situation but I also saw God at work. John really took a stand for me and our family in a way I never expected. I was proud of how he comforted me, protected me, and stood up for our family. It was a really bad situation but I have never loved my husband more and the way he reacted was a gift and blessing.

After Christmas, I turned 30. Yay. And UCF beat UGA in the Liberty Bowl. John has never been prouder!!! And the girls are hilarious. Kylie can recognize the letters and the mascot anywhere. Ni-Nights she says (go Knights). And Kaitlyn really tries to be a part of it too but she's like me, she'd rather be playing Barbies!

I'd like to post some pictures but blogger isn't letting me... we'll see if I can do it on another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment