Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Innocence

My favorite part of having children is when I can see their innocence. A mind with enough knowledge to know how to solve problems without understanding the full spectrum of the problem. My favorite example of this is when anything is broken, from a flashlight to the computer, Kaitlyn will bring me a battery and a screwdriver. We are going to Missouri to see my family in a couple of weeks. I have been trying to talk about it so Kaitlyn is excited and there aren't surprises for her (we don't like surprises). So I was talking on the phone to my grandpa. When I got off I was telling her about them and how Grandpa Mark is my dad and Poppo is my grandpa. Then I don't know why but I told her Poppo only has one arm. Now in my life I have to say it might have been the first time I ever said that out loud. I have always been very close to him. There are lots of words I would use to describe him but I don't think I have ever even actually consciously noticed that he has one arm. Well, to that she responded something about soap and we can find it and tape it back on. What a hoot! But now I'm wishing I never brought it up. If I am 29 years old and never "noticed" it, I'm sure a 3 year old would have done the same. So I'm thinking about sweeping it under the rug. I just hope she doesn't go "looking" for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment