Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy birthday Kylie

One year ago today I was in a medically induced labor with three other women. My doctor said that the second time labor moves quickly and I should be done by noon. At this exact moment one year ago, all of them had delivered their angels- except me. I managed to hang around for another six hours. I said recently that God gave me Kaitlyn to teach me that I can't control everything. I just realized he gave me Kylie to teach me that life isn't always going to be what I am expecting. I expected a boy. I got a girl. I expected to struggle through three months of nursing. I (more or less) breezed through a year. I expected a more calm child that observed the world around her. I got a child that crawled at 4 months, walked by nine and could FLY up the stairs somewhere in between.

My favorite things about Kylie are her personality, intelligence and her awareness. She always is aware of what is going on and knows what she wants. She can identify cake, cookies and candy even if she has never actually tried it. I mostly love that she is so short and compact!

Here's how you know that Kylie is a second child: she has had more sweet tea and coffee in one year than Kaitlyn has had in three. She eats junk cereal for breakfast. She has had a donut, two cupcakes and ice cream. Last night she ate a biscuit and three green beans for dinner. (yes, that was it)

I love you Kylie Elizabeth!!!

I will post some pictures of her and her birthday in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment