Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Treasure

Over the last seven days I have come across this bible verse on three different occasions:
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
It has made me wonder if God is trying to speak to me. One context that I came across it, there was a financial connotation. The other two were more about relationships. I'm praying the lord is trying to point out the latter! Anyway, since it has come up, I have really been praying for my relationships. I am so blessed to have so many close friends at this time in my life! Each one adds a new dynamic. But truly, my treasure is in my neighborhood. I don't think I ever pass the sign without thanking Him for giving me this house, this street, and these friends. When John came in to my life, I began to strive to be a better person because I felt accountable to him. I think my friends here have the same effect. I appreciate that they are all strong Christians, active parents, and good partners. I think that if I ever slacked in any area they would be here to help me to get back on track. I am truly blessed to have that kind of support system.

And just in case that God was trying to point out that I need to be more generous, I have that covered. I'm a secret couponer. I don't necessarily deserve my own tv show or anything but I have decided that during Lent I will give all the money I save couponing to St. Vincent de Paul which is a national charity that our church supports. They provide food and clothing to the poor but on a local level (Roswell, Ga).

No comments:

Post a Comment