Friday, November 11, 2011

Back again!

I know it has been a long time. I'm not even going to try to catch up on all that has happened but I'm hoping to keep documenting some things about my girls because pretty soon I'm going to start forgetting things again. Both girls are doing great. School is going well this year but thanks to the boy/girl/boy/girl seating pattern at lunch K is getting a little bit of a potty mouth. Hopefully addition of the poo poo to everything she says will lose its novelty soon. She is a very bright girl and is still very interested in nature, bugs, leaves, and things that are creepy and crawly. I love this trait more and more all the time. I'm glad that she's interesting and I'm glad she isn't afraid of trying things. She has also come out of her shell a lot. She does have shy situations but not always the one in the corner.
Kylie is not in school this year, she is permanently attached to my leg! She is going through a little bit of a clingy phase right now. BUT! She did potty train herself. She is almost completely toilet trained but one thing I learned last time is she'll get it eventually so I'm not stressing it. She is totally hilarious in really annoying ways. Like, she only wears clothes that she can see her panties. ie no pants. She is very picky about shoes. So much so, that I have just stopped buying them because there is no way to tell if she'll wear them. She went through a phase this fall that she would only wear bathing suits- and this was after the pool closed! From day to day there is no telling what she'll be wearing and honestly, most of the time its not worth fighting with her because if you knew her temper, you'll know that even if I win, I still didn't win. I have also recently translated that she has one friend, Tinkerbell. I was lecturing K in the car about how if her friends did something bad she didnt need to do it also. After a couple seconds I realized that Kylie was in the back seat saying, "If Tinkerbell takes off her shoes and socks, I won't take off my shoes and socks." Okay Kylie!
The latest development in our family is that baby #3 is on the way. Both kids get it but neither really have feelings either way about it. We have decided to let this time be the surprise. John is really the one pushing this and I'm fine either way. This time has been harder but other than being a little neurotic, I'm feeling much better now. We went for our ultrasound today and baby was not very cooperative! It was moving everywhere!! But it was also really cool because we really got to "see" the baby in action and not just for a few seconds at a time. I heard that third children are pretty chill. I knew better than to think I would actually have a chill child. Also today during the ultrasound, they moved my due date up a little bit. March 26, 2012. For the record, my due date with Kaitlyn was March 26, 2007. I'm not sure I could do that again if I tried!
Our life is very full and blessed right now. I don't know that I deserve all of this happieness but I thank God everyday for giving it to me. I also pray for those we know who (for various reasons) aren't as fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment