Friday, October 8, 2010

Missing Dora

When Kaitlyn was first watching tv, I NEVER put on Dora. I had a sour taste in my mouth from living in Orlando and I decided Kaitlyn would not speak Spanish. Real cool, Sara. Anyway, fast forward three years and I am over the trauma that I suffered in Orlando. Kaitlyn watched one episode of Dora and she started picking up all of these Spanish words. She won't say witch, she says bruja (sp?). Anyway, I have decided that it is cool that she knows Spanish words but now she wants NOTHING to do with watching Dora. I think I'm going to have to start insisting that it is the only show on so she will get in to it! She only wants to watch Phineas and Ferb which is cool because its funny but that now requires me to teach her stuff, not just depend on the TV. I just hope that this is the worst parenting mistake that I ever make- not letting my toddler watch Dora.

2 comments:

  1. Funny-Macie still loves Dora. Even Carson will watch it with her. Maybe its because I have not exposed them to the joys of Sponge Bob and Phineas and Ferb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John started letting her watch Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob. I HATE Spongebob. I just wish she would watch Dora. I DVR'd a few episodes and sometimes I tell her thats all that is on! She loves tv. She may argue but she'll watch just about anything.

    ReplyDelete